Cornwall Food Foundation has a long history of supporting people into meaningful work through our award-winning Fifteen Apprenticeship programme. We are now able to bring our expertise to many more people thanks to funding from the Big Lottery and European Social Fund via the national Building Better Opportunities programme.
Watch this short video to find out more about the impact our work is having on people and businesses.
What do people say about us?
The biggest thing for me is being able to live on my own, getting out there, not moping around on jobseekers allowance, being able to pay rent and just living a normal life. ~David, Game Changer participant
Jamie is like a new person. The work he has done with CFF has transformed him. He’s been living in supported accommodation for three years and is now talking about moving out and getting a job. It’s an incredible change and a lot of it is down to what he’s done with you. ~Alex, Game Changer support worker
She’s genuinely really excited about the course. She’s chatted all the way home! Thank you so much. ~Lotti, Game Changer support worker
Latest opportunities – contact us for information
- Beach foraging and cooking days, various locations
- Brewery tour and barista experience at St Austell Brewery
- Richardson Group hotels – chef apprentice programme, various locations
- Parnall Foundation – hospitality and horticulture placements and apprenticeships
We have a number of programmes available. Key points:
- We can support people aged from 15 upwards.
- We can work anywhere in Cornwall.
- All our participants are supported with a key worker.
- We support employers with placements.
What do we offer?
- Unique one-day experiences in the food industry including brewery visits, barista and coffee roasting experiences, beach foraging and open-fire cooking and hotel and restaurant insider tours.
- Engaging and practical short food activities for all abilities.
- A six-week FoodWorks course which includes cooking skills, buying food and food labelling, healthy eating, cooking on a budget and careers in the food industry, plus an optional Food Safety Certificate.
- One-to-one support to find meaningful work placements in the food industry.
How can I sign up?
Whether you are a referring organisation, an employer or someone who is looking for support like this, the best way to get started is to email us [email protected]
BBO programme leads:
- Who Dares Works is funded by £3.3 million from the Big Lottery and the European Social Fund as part of the national Building Better Opportunities Programme. The project brings together a partnership of 17 Cornwall based social enterprises, across West Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, to help a minimum of 850 people who need most support to connect or reconnect with work, education and training. The partnership builds on the unique strengths of each organisation working collaboratively to help participants to help themselves wherever possible through helping others.
- Game Changer is a £3.1 million project funded by the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund (ESF) which will run until November 2019 designed to support 1035 young people aged 15 to 24 across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It will support young people to overcome the complex challenges they face; understand their individual aptitudes, passions and interests; develop skills and experiences; build connectivity and networks, resulting in at least 55% of them moving into work or long-term learning.
- Positive People is a flexible programme of support for people aged 15 and over including one-to-one support with getting into work and managing daily life. Positive People operates in south east Cornwall and mid-Cornwall.
- The project aims to support 750 economically inactive and unemployed adults from the Atlantic and Moor area of Cornwall into education, training, job search or employment. It will work in partnership with eight end to end delivery partners and 45 specialist spot purchase partners that have been selected to offer specialist services to address the multiple and complex participant needs.